On a cold day a warm bowl of soup and be very comforting and soothing.
This Orange food soup combines the goodness of Carrots with the warming comfort of chai spices. Masala chai is made with cardamom, peppercorns, star anise and black tea. This blend of spices are very well suited to flavour any soup but it pairs exceptionally well with the carrots in this soup. To make it even more creamy and without adding cream or butter, use a few spoons of Cashumel Original.
Give it a try.
- 4 lbs. carrots
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 8 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 or 2 tea bags of Masala chai tea
- 3 Tbsp. Cashumel Original
- Preheat oven to 400®F
- Slice or cut the carrots in chunks and toss in the vegetable. Season with a pinch of salt & pepper
- Place the seasoned carrots into the oven and roast for about 40 mins, or until the carrots are reduced in size and slightly browned.
- Bring your stock to a boil. I use Better than Bouillon vegetable stock mix, but you can use what ever vegetable broth you have or made.
- Add the garlic and onions and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in the tea bags.
- Let the tea bags steep in the broth for about 7 minutes then remove from the broth.
- Add the carrots and broth mixture to your blender and blend until smooth. You may need to do this in several batches. For personal safety, be careful to use the broth once it is cooled.
- Once all has been blended to a smooth consistency, return to the heat
- Add in the Cashumel stir in until all is incorporated.
- Continue to cook on low heat for about 2 minutes
- Remove from heat & serve. You can garnish with seeds and herbs