Good meals start with simple ingredients and Cashumel Original can be used to bring flavours together with dairy-free creaminess.
Make this recipe, can it and use it later on its own or in a casserole. This way you will know exactly what you are getting and will also be assured of something good.
This is my recipe
- 3 lbs Brown Mushrooms chopped
- 1 – 14g package of dried mixed mushrooms
- 2 medium potatoes chopped
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 8 cups of vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp of Dry Sherry
- 2 tbsp of Becel vegan
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 jar of Cashumel Original
- Reconstitute the dried mushrooms in ½ cup of warm water (soak for at least 1 hour). Drain, but retain the water.
- Sauté the mushrooms in half the Becel for about 2 minutes then add the garlic and continue for another minutes. Set about ¼ aside to add in later and deglaze the remainder with the Sherry. Once the sherry is completely evaporated set aside.
- Sauté the carrots, onions and celery in the remaining Becel.
- Add the stock and the potatoes and bring to a boil and continue to cook until the potatoes are tender.
- Add in the deglazed mushrooms and thyme and continue to cook for 2 mins.
- Allow to cool slightly. It will make it safer to handle when you puree.
- Puree together until completely smooth.
- Add in the Cashumel and the remaining mushroom pieces and cook for another 2 mins.
- Garnish with fresh thyme, serve and enjoy.