The year is drawing to its long-awaited end. As always, it is my mission to help everyone incorporate healthy food into all aspects of life. Celebrating and entertaining is a significant part of life. In 2020 we have had to limit the amount of people that we socialize with, but we have found innovative ways to keep the spirit of camaraderie alive.
This year has taught us that health is especially important and keeping ourselves healthy has been a huge focus. My objective – keep food healthy but never sacrifice taste.
If you have Cashumel Original in your refrigerator, you can make this simple, delicious, and healthy dip or fondue sauce. You can make this as spicy as you like; I am a bit of a wimp, so this recipe reflects that fact 😊 All you need are a few simple pantry ingredients and a good blender. To use as a fondue, I use a small warming crockpot. The options are limitless, and can satisfy 1 person, 2 or as many as you are allowed 😊
Let’s get after it
- ½ Jar Cashumel Original
- 1 medium sweet potato (the orange kind also known as yams, about 125-130g size)
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 25 ml Lemon juice (juice of ½ large lemon)
- ½ cup Dairy free milk (I used fresh squeezed almond milk)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp sauce of your choice (I used something called seriously hot; you can also use as much as you like)
- 75 g Vegan Shreds (I use earth Island Mozzarella-style shreds, but any dairy free or lactose free product will work)
- Cook the potato is water with a bay leaf (for flavour) until tender
- Drain potato and remove & discard the bay leaf
- Add potato and all the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth. Even with a high-powered blender like a Vitamix, you should still blend for about 1 min or until the colour changes to an even yellow colour. You can add a pinch of salt at this point as well or to taste.
- Transfer to your crock pot for warming, or to a dish for serving.