This recipe is quick & easy and can be made with Chicken or tofu for a vegan option. This tested version uses tofu. It is best to use braised tofu cut into strips. Using Cashumel instead of regular Alfredo sauce makes it cholesterol free, keeps the salt levels low, and flour out of your recipe. Keep it Keto Green & gluten free
- 1 medium Spaghetti squash
- 1 package of braised tofu cut in strips (You can sub 3 poached chicken breasts here)
- 1 cup chopped greens (spinach, kale, beet greens, whatever you have)
- 1 jar of Cashumel Original All-purpose sauce
- 1 cup Earth Island Mozzarella-style shreds
- ¼ cup Crunch Topping (see recipe below)
- Olive oil for basting the Squash & wilting the greens
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Pinch of Crushed Pepper flakes (nice, but optional)
- Clean the outside of the squash before cutting into it. Cut lengthwise and scoop out all the seeds
- Coat the inside with olive oil. If you have a spray use that as it will apply evenly. Then sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake cut side down on the baking sheet at 375°F for about an hour or until tender
- While the slice the tofu into strip and toss with the garlic and onion powder and set aside.
- Heat a saucepan and add a bit of oil, then toss the greens into the hot pan to wilt if fresh or thaw if frozen.
- Once wilted or thawed add the Cashumel Original and heat through completely and there is a smooth thick sauce. You may need to add about a tablespoon or so of water to prevent burning.
- Remove from heat and add the tofu add the Mozzarella-style shreds and set aside.
- Once the squash in soft, remove from oven and using a fork tear the inside away from the skin. It will form shreds like noodles. Be careful not to break the skin as we will use the squash bowl for baking the alfredo.
- Mix in the squash noodles with the Sauce already prepared & spoon it into the squash bowls
- Sprinkle with the Crunch Topping and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F
- Sprinkle with pepper flakes & serve.
- 50g Nutritional yeast
- 50g Rice Crispies (crushed to small particles)
- 1g seasoning salt of choice
Combine and store in an airtight container.