Summer is here and so are the wonderful local vegetables. Lots of corn and potatoes, berries and tomatoes. It is a time to enjoy with friends and family. It is also a time to ditch the traditional stove for the grill and maybe the crockpot?
- 1/2 lb. potatoes
- 4 -5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 1/2 cups of fresh corn cut from the cob
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tbsp. each of thyme, basil,
- 1 jar of Original Cashumeltm
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients except the corn & Cashumeltm to the crockpot
- Cook on high for 4 hours or until the potatoes are tender. May take a bit longer depending on your pot.
- Add the Cashumeltm – use a bit of water to get the last of the sauce out of the jar.
- Stir into the potato mixture and add the corn, salt and pepper and continue to cook for another hour.
- Taste and add garnish as required and enjoy.